Flat Roofing in Queens
Almost every structure requires a roof. But the question is what type of roof is best for your project? All roofing systems have their own advantages or disadvantages and it is important to know what you need in a roof. You may have noticed that most of the commercial roofs in Queens are flat. Here are some of the main reasons flat roofs are so popular:
- Maintenance: A flat surface makes it easier and safer to work on.
- Easy Access: Flat roofs are typically connected by a stairwell, making it easy to bring the necessary equipment with you or to use the roof as a storage space. For some businesses this also gives the option of having more space to entertain clients or customers by turning the space, or part of it, into a deck for customers to enjoy the outdoors.
- Lower Cost of Installation: Flat roofs are usually quicker to install than other roofing systems, saving you money.
- Greater Fire Safety: As the structure is made with steel rather than wood there is a higher fire safety rating.
- Best use of Space: From floor to ceiling, flat roofs allow you to use all the space.
- Great for HVAC: You can place your air conditioner and/or heater on the roof. Which is usually impossible for slanted roofs.
As we can see there are many benefits to flat roofs, making them a very practical option for a wide variety of roofing projects.
Ozone Park Flat Roof Drainage
One of the most important aspects of designing a flat roof is its ability to drain water. Slanted roofs naturally allow water to flow away from the roof and into the surrounding gutters, but flat roofs will pool water and this can be a problem. Pooled water can put a great deal of stress on a roof, become a haven for insects, and promotes the growth of mold and mildew. What’s more, stagnant water can become mildly corrosive over time, which can lead to shaving years off the life of your roof. City Suburb takes water drainage as one of the most important aspects of roof construction and we design our roofs around the best possible drainage system available to the structure.
If you find that the roof of your Queens building has a drainage problem then City Suburb can help. We will perform a full inspection of the area and see if the problem is a blockage or if there is a problem with the drainage system itself.
Flat Roof Repair in Queens
Over time, any type of roof will be in need of repairs and the most common problems are leaks. Leaks are something that should be taken care of as soon as possible. Not only will leaks cause the hole in the roof to get larger over time, leading to a more expensive repair, it will create water damage. If your Queens property has water damage, then you will need to restore or replace every part the water touches, otherwise you run the risk of spreading harmful mold.
If you are having any issue with your roof or if you are looking for a company that can create the exact type of flat roof that you are looking for, then get in touch with City Suburb today. If the people of Queens have any questions about the services we provide feel free to contact us by phone or email.